In the main window you can see:
- Project Bar
- Browser Bar
- Project Tree
- Internal Browser
- Connection Status
- Status Bar
The commands that are used most often are placed here for your convenience.
"Wizard" create a new project using the wizard, which makes it easy
and quick to configure downloading a new site. Pressing the button will open
the wizard window.
"New Project" create a new project. Pressing the button will open the
Project Properties window for the new
"Properties" view and edit an existing project. Pressing the button
will open the Project Properties window
for the project being edited at the moment. Make the necessary changes and
pres the "OK" button.
"Run" download the project. This command is available when a project
is selected in the Project Tree.
"Abort" stop downloading the project immediately without waiting till
it is finished.
"Options" open the general application settings. Pressing the button
will open the Options window.
Contains the standard commands for the internal browser.
Shows projects and
the folders where
they are stored.
Right-clicking an item in the tree opens a popup menu with the commands available
for the project or for the folder:
- "New" create a new project or a folder
- "Rename" rename the project or the folder
- "Refresh" refresh the Project Tree
- "Delete" delete the project or the folder
- "Properties" edit the project
You can move projects and folders using the drag-and-drop feature (click the
necessary item and drag it to the new location while holding down the mouse
Double-clicking a project will open the downloaded site in the internal browser.
indicates that the project is being downloaded at the moment. The icon
indicates that the user stopped downloading the project before it was finished.
The internal browser allows you to browse the downloaded sites without exiting
SurfOffline. To open a downloaded site, double-click the corresponding project.
You can navigate the sites using the Browser Bar.
Shows the list of open connections and their current status:
- "Url" the URL of the file being downloaded
- "Progress" a visual download indicator showing the download progress
- "Size" the size of the file in bytes. If the size is unavailable,
you will see the "?" symbol
- "Loaded bytes" how many bytes of the file have been downloaded so
- "Status" an explanatory text line with the information about the
current status of the connection
The Status Bar is divided into several parts:
- The progress bar shows the overall progress of downloading the project
or indicates that it is finished
- Shows the number of files in a queue for parsing, i.e. the files that have
been downloaded, but have not yet had their links converted
- Shows how many files have been downloaded so far
- Shows how many files there are left for downloading to be finished
- Shows the status of the internal browser at the moment